- Blacksmithing: Unbreakable Guardian now increases Strength instead of Agility, and increases Parry rating instead of Hit rating.
- Inscription: Bloodthirsty Charm of Triumph is now Bind on Equip
- Inscription: Bloodthirsty Eyeball of Dominance is now Bind on Equip
- Inscription: Bloodthirsty Jawbone of Conquest is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Eternal Shadowspirit Diamond seems to be back to +1% Shield Block Value, down from 3%.
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Amberjewel Band is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Amberjewel Pendant is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Ruby Choker is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Ruby Signet is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Sapphire Necklace is now Bind on Equip
- Jewelcrafting: Bloodthirsty Sapphire Ring is now Bind on Equip
- Leatherworking: Bloodthirsty Fur Cloak is now Bind on Equip
- Leatherworking: Bloodthirsty Hide Cloak is now Bind on Equip
There have also been some other pleasant changes I haven't even got the time to talk about. Gems will be stackable in the latest patch so in combination with the new 36-slot Jewelcrafting bags this will give jewelcrafters some pleasant room in their inventory to stock up on gems.
They have also confirmed that Patch 4.2 will allow players to group with friends across realms. While this isn't gold related it sure is something to mention because this breaks the 'on an other server/battlegroup' barrier which I haven't seen any other game do. The problem is that they mentioned a premium service. What this service will be we'll find out soon but let's hope it's not another $5 for just connecting with friends. Maybe Battle.Net Premium?
With the continued popularity of the Dungeon Finder, many players have been asking for a way to group up with real-life friends who play on other realms to take on instances together. Today, we wanted to give you a heads up about a new feature currently in development that will allow players to invite Real ID friends of the same faction to a party regardless of the realm they play on, and then queue up for a 5-player regular or Heroic dungeon.In a recent Ask the Devs session some word also came out on possible changes to the way inscription works. While I think that the prices of glyph books will rise I think they will also add new and quicker ways to obtain them so get your speculations out!
As this is a fairly complex service to develop, we don’t have a release date to share quite yet. It’s important to note that as with some of the other convenience- and connectivity-oriented features we offer, certain elements of the cross-realm Real ID party system will be premium-based, though only the player sending the invitations will need to have access to the premium service. We'll have more details to share with you as development progresses -- in the meantime, you may begin to see elements of the feature appear on the World of Warcraft PTR.
Will you provide a way to speed up the acquiring of glyphs usually acquired through research and glyph books? Glyph books (Book of Glyph Mastery) are hard to come by now that people spend so little time in WotLK content.
Yes. We will be changing the discovery spells so they can teach all possible glyphs, and the books will simply provide a no-cooldown method to do the same thing.